Tech Challenge Fund Competition – Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is West Midlands Growth Company [‘WMGC’], Baskerville House, 2 Centenary Square, Birmingham B1 2ND.
2. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. This competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
5. This competition is open to organisations headquarted outside of the UK (including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man) and without an existing presence within the UK. Entrants must have been trading in their home market for over 12 months by time of entry into competition. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over. When contacted the competition winner may be asked to provide proof of age.
6. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.techmidlands.co.uk Entries can be made via uploaded video only. Video uploads need to be a minimum of 60 seconds in length and a maximum of 2 minutes in length in order to be considered).
7. Employees of West Midlands Growth Company and/or the Midlands Engine and promotional agencies and their families are excluded from taking part in this competition.
8. The opening date for entries to this competition will be 20/02/2018. The closing date for entries to this competition will be 20/03/2018.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The competition prize is a paid trip to the UK Midlands to view the market oppurtunities with the region and to see the potential for investment opportunities in the UK Midlands. Flights and accommodation for 3 nights up to a maximum total of £3,000 per competition winner will be paid for by WMGC. A full activity programme will also be provided enabling the competition winners to meet with some of the Midlands leading tech organisations.
11. A maximum of 2 individuals from each winning company/organisation will be able to receive this prize in each of the sub-sectors. Entrants can only apply to one sub-sector.
12. All competition winners will need to visit the UK Midlands between 01/05/2018 till 30/06/2018.
13. Competition winners are obligated to attend all aspects of the visit programme.
14. Flights for competition winners will be economy class, the cost of which will be agreed and in advance with a representative from the WMGC and who will also make the booking. Flights will most likely be booked from the nearest applicable airport to the competition winner and will have a final destination of Birmingham International Airport (BHX).
15. Accommodation for competition winners (available for up to 2 representatives from each winning organisation/company) will be booked in advance by WMGC in a hotel within the UK Midlands.
16. Any additional costs (visas, taxis, excess luggage charges etc) incurred over and above the value of the prizes are not included and must be incurred by the winner.
17. Only one entry will be accepted per person/organisation. Multiple entries from the same person/organisation will be disqualified. No updates or amendments are allowed to entries once submitted.
18. The prizes are as stated in these terms and conditions and no cash or other alternatives will be awarded.
19. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, prizes will only be available directly to the winning entrant.
20. Entry instructions and prize descriptions form part of these terms and conditions.
21. The Prize is as stated, non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative or different option.
22. Competition winners will be judged by a judging panel consisting of representatives from West Midlands Growth Company and WMGC approved partner organisations.
23. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The judging panel reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to approach an entrant to seek clarification or ask questions related to their entry.
25. All video entries will be judged against the following criteria:
a. How the competition entrants product/service meets and potentially solves the challenge laid out in the relevant sub-sector they are applying within.
b. What makes the competition entrants product/service innovative and different from the competition?
26. Competition winners will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the competition closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
27. The winner agrees to the use of his/her company name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation [GDPR from May 2018] and will not be disclosed to a third party [excluding members of the competition judging panel] without the entrant’s prior consent. All video entries will be treated in a confidential manner and will be deleted within 1 month of the winners being announced.
28. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to make no claims relating to intellectual property [IP].